WELCOME TO TOUCHSTONE ACRES -- Breeders of Lipizzan Dressage Horses and Quarter Horses for Reining
- Maestoso Mefiszto frozen semen now available!
- Keepawaye was 4th at the recognized Hunt Club Farms Summer Horse Trials
- Elysian Hills CT: Keepawaye was 2nd in dressage and had a clear stadium round; Talisa won her dressage with 77.73%; Samira won her dressage with 77.5%
- Shaman was High Point Champion at Evergreen Farm Dressage; MT was 4th in his show debut
- Neapolitano Samira VI, Neapolitano Altamira & Maestoso Takoma Frozen Semen available
- Contact us for custom foals -- see Broodmare Page
Twitter Updatesfollow me on Twitter
See Dollywood Jac's Facebook page link below:
Aerial picture of Touchstone Acres
- Breeding and training Lipizzans for dressage
- Breeding AQHA reining horses
Touchstone Acres is home to Lipizzan horses, a "threatened" livestock breed, according to the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy, and AQHA/FQHA reining horses. We have also bred Suffolk and Jacob sheep.
Touchstone Acres is situated on 51 acres of prime farmland in the beautiful northern Shenandoah Valley. The gently rolling terrain is perfect for Lipizzan horse grazing. Our pastures have been renovated with timothy, orchard and blue grass to provide the ideal forage for our Lipizzan broodmares, foals and riding horses. Foal- safe fencing, shelters and heated water troughs complete the idyllic horse haven. We live onsite in the 1800s original farm house.
We breed and sell Lipizzans and occasionally Foundation Quarter Horses who excel at reining and/or cow work. We have also bred Suffolk and Jacob sheep.
We offer a safe, friendly atmosphere and encourage continual learning of horse and rider. Horse health and nurturing good horsemanship are top priorities.
Pictured below is Neapolitano Samira VI, a Lipizzan stallion imported in utero from Lipica in Slovenia. His sire is an elite Lipizzan stallion at the Lipica Stud Farm.
We offer products we find useful for Lipizzan horses:
Duett Saddles: Perfect for wide horses like Lipizzans, Arabians, Morgans, draft crosses--but also available in normal widths for any horse. We have several models on hand for you to see and ride in.
The "odometer" has rolled rolled several times-- we have had over 50,000 visitors!